HONORING OUR VETERANS
THE GREAT PENNSYLVANIA MUSIC & ARTS CELEBRATION
So We Don’t Forget to Remember: Putting “Memorial” Back in Memorial Day
With Pennsylvania  home to one of the highest number of military veterans in the nation and 50,000  calling the Allentown region home – our non-profit is dedicated to growing the most impactful annual veterans’ Memorial Day weekend event in Pennsylvania. Held on historic military grounds in a city, Allentown, deeply connected to our nation’s military history – this veteran focus will be the keystone of our Annual Statewide Celebration showcasing Pennsylvania’s Music and Arts from traditional to emerging.
Imagine one of the oldest venues in the nation, The Allentown Historic Fairgrounds and Farmers Market, located in the heart of Pennsylvania’s third largest and fastest growing cities Allentown, PA. Imagine these fairgrounds home in World War I to the nation’s ambulance training grounds – Camp Crane. Imagine Allentown not only the hiding place for the iconic Liberty Bell during The Revolutionary War but also home to the only cemetary in the country where Civil War Confederate and Union soliders are buried together.
In 2018, on the 100th anniversary of WWI and Camp Crane – The Inaugural Great Pennsylvania Music & Arts Celebration will be held at these Historic Allentown Fairgrounds Memorial Day Weekend 2018 – free and open to the public, maximizing attendance from the Lehigh Valley and three state region (PA, NJ, NY).
DEDICATED to PA and U.S. Veterans while educating on their contributions to U.S. Military History: As a non-profit dedicated to PA musical and arts traditions, in a state with one of the highest veteran communities in the nation and one of the richest military music traditions in the U.S. and its headquarters in a region that 50,000 veterans call home – PAMPS takes extremely serviously its role in making positive contributions to veterans and educating the general public on our nation’s military history. As such its Annual Great Pennsylvania Music & Arts Celebration will include:
- Honoring Veterans of Yesterday: Education and Re-enactments – with partnerships with a growing list of military partners
- “So We Don’t Forget to Remember”
- Military History Series
- Puerto Rican 65th Infantry Regiment Headquarters: “The Borinqueneers”
- Honoring African-American Soldiers: Revolutionary War to Civil War to Today
- Benefiting the Veterans of Today: Housing, Homelessness and but also showcasing veterans groups that provide these and other essential services – with partnerships with a growing list of partners
- Celebration Attendees Encouraged to Donate on-site new toiletries/clothing on-site
- Complimentary Indoor Exhibition Space for all interested Veterans organizations serving Pennsylvania Veterans
- FREE Exhibition Space, Electric and Wireless access
- FREE On-site continental breakfast and coffee
- FREE On-site RV parking and evening security
- Showcasing the Servicemen and Servicewomen of Tomorrow: featuring nationally ranked Junior ROTC Units with Drill Exhibitions & Service Projects
- Celebrating Military Music Traditions: featuring the nation’s oldest civilian military band and their colleague bands that make Allentown “Band City USA”!